Tuesday 25 June 2019

Ocean Newspaper Collage


My sample (but with the waves made by my son)

My son's artwork - Kindergarten

Lesson Background:

I'm at home on maternity leave this year, hence the lack of posts!  But today my 5 year old son and I created these pictures based on the idea from the Usborne book entitled "365 Things to Make and Do": https://usborne.com/browse-books/catalogue/product/1/2506/365-things-to-make-and-do/
I love how my boy made his unique by having his shark come up out of the water!

Lesson Materials (per student):

some newspaper
light blue A4 paper
dark blue A4 paper (1/2 a sheet cut lengthways)
scissors
gluestick
white paint or a white paint marker
black texta

Lesson Steps:

1.  Draw curved waves across the dark blue paper, cut them out and then stick them on the bottom half of the light blue paper.
2.  Draw or trace ocean animal and/or plant shapes onto newspaper, cut them out and stick them onto the dark blue ocean.
3.  Use a black texta to draw in eyes, gills and any other desired features.
4.  Use white paint or a white paint marker to colour in teeth, draw bubbles and/or draw in seaspray.


No comments:

Post a Comment