This artwork was created as part of our end-of-year Christmas celebrations. I got the original idea from: artisandesarts.blogspot.com
Lesson Materials (per student):
1 lead pencil
1 black oil pastel
coloured oil pastels
1 sheet light blue A4 paper, slightly trimmed around the edges
1 sheet A4 dark blue paper to use for backing
1. Draw the outline of the caroler in lead pencil.
2. Colour in the caroler with oil pastel. Don't leave any gaps. Older students can attempt to use light and shade/shadowing.
3. Outline all lines and patterns in black oil pastel.
4. Draw musical notes using a black permanent marker and/or snow/snowflakes in the sky using blue and white oil pastels.
5. Back onto the dark blue paper.
|My sample artwork|