|Year 3 Artworks (2010)|
1. Teach the students about the paper cut-out artworks of Matisse.
2. Discuss his use of style, line, colour and shape. (You can purchase the PowerPoint presentation I made for this part of the lesson at my Teachers Pay Teachers store: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mrs-Baker- just search for the name of the artist)
3. Demonstrate how to draw a basic face shape on art paper.
4. Students draw their portrait on art paper, then trace/copy onto coloured brenex paper (ie. face/neck/shoulders onto skin coloured paper, lips onto red/pink paper, shirt onto any coloured paper, eyes onto white paper and then hair onto hair-coloured paper etc)
5. The students then cut out the different pieces of their portrait and stick them onto a coloured cardboard background.
6. The students use black texta to draw the iris and pupil on the white paper eye. Then students draw in a nose and any other features they want (eyebrows, eyelashes, freckles etc)
7. Finally, they create shapes and patterns with coloured paper for the background.
Student Artworks (Year 3):
|By Alex (2010)|
|By Jasmine (2010)|
|By Kara (2010)|
|By Hannah (2010)|